Lost Mine of Phandelver
Ruins of Thundertree
Near the place where the Neverwinter River emerges from Neverwinter Wood stands the abandoned village of Thundertree. Once, this was a prosperous community on the outskirts of the forest, wealthy from the work of its woodcutters and trappers. Then thirty years ago, the eruption of Mount Hotenow to the north devastated Thundertree. In the wake of the natural disaster, a plague of strange zombies swept over the area, killing or driving off those who survived the eruption.
The Seekers traveled to Thundertree Ruins in Uktar, 1491 DR, in search of Reidoth the druid, and in hopes of recovering Mirna's lost family heirloom. There they fought with Reidoth against the young green wyrm Venomfang, slaying the beast.
Thundertree is now a far more dangerous place. The Cult of the Dragon raised the slain wyrm into the dracolich, Lord Hemlock. The draconic abomination has asserted its control of the denizens of the ruins. Establishing its dominion, the darcolich now uses his army of twig blights, ash zombies, giant spiders, and worse to exact his vengeance on the Emerald Enclave.